Botanic gardens, edinburgh

Botanic gardens, edinburgh

Thursday 19 February 2015

Diary entry 1) A little idea...

Ok, so I've been into gardens and gardening from a young age. I love being rewarded with flowers or edibles after all that work and time that has been invested. All the sun, the rain, the digging and weeding.

Last September I took my interest and hobby a step further by enrolling on a horticulture course at Easton and Otley College. This college has two campuses - I go to Otley, near Woodbridge in Suffolk. The college is a well respected and established centre for courses in argriculture, horticulture, building trades and animal studies. They have fantastic facilities, students and staff which creates a fantastic atmosphere.

I enrolled on a one day per week course so that I could carry on working. This was the City and Guilds level 2 in Gardening. Hopefully, this blog can tell the story of the course, help me keep a diary and even pass on any tips that I pick up along the way.

I also hope to add some posts about what I'm up to at home, and how my newest project of an overgrown and neglected allotment gets along.
Anyway, so stay tuned for proper posts which I will hopefully get under way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment